TLC’s LS2 Cataloging for Library•Solution delivers robust yet intuitive Web-based tools that simplify cataloging for everyone from seasoned collections technicians to first-year library assistants. With content provided by the Library of Congress and curated by TLC, LS2 Cataloging provides full authority-controlled terms and other glossaries in real time so you’ll see what authorities in a record are unmatched before editing even begins!
LS2 Cataloging also introduces the Purify Process, which structurally cleans and enriches MARC records before they enter your system, ensuring they’re fully RDA compliant.
“LS2 Cataloging is web-based, plain-language cataloging — no need to memorize MARC tags anymore! And I love the idea that you can share records because collaborating or conferring with other staff is helpful when you’re stuck on something.” ~ Robyn Martin, The Lovett School, GA
“LS2 Cataloging is a positive step forward for everyone involved. Thanks for creating a new module that’s ahead of the curve!” ~ Ruth Hayden, Smyrna Public Library, GA
Additional features that set LS2 Cataloging apart include:
- An exclusive automatch component that eliminates the need to spend hours sifting through records to find the right ones.
- A powerful workflow improvement allowing catalogers to easily modify formats during copy cataloging. We call it Alchemy because it works like magic!
- A fully RDA-ized record editor that supports the information needs of today’s libraries.
- A revolutionary macro service to accommodate the needs of bulk database editing.
- 100% MARC compliance for complete importing and exporting of MARC-formatted records, yet designed to incorporate the metadata structures of the future.
- Customizable permission controls that allow library management to determine access levels for individual staff members.
- The ability for catalogers to create multiple workspaces that can be shared with other users
- A simplified item duplication process for easy distribution of multiple items throughout alibrary system.
- Unique barcode generation plus the utilization of pre-ordered barcodes.
- Simplified label printing with more than 170 pre-formatted label configurations.